Tuesday, September 11, 2012

WE WILL NEVER FORGET 9/11


Today is September 11, 2012.  Eleven years ago our beautiful country was attacked. I remember waking up that morning and having a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. I told myself something wasn’t right. I turned on my television and, unfortunately, I watched the second plane strike the second tower. I was frozen; time froze. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I didn’t want to believe what I was seeing; what I was hearing. I never imagined what followed. My brain was too small to fathom the atrocity that was to take place. As the newscaster spoke, there was a camera shot of the towers behind him. As I attentively listen I notice the first building collapse. The newscaster wasn’t even aware as he was facing the camera. As he was informed, he turned around and his voice left his body.

We will never know what the people in the buildings thought before they went down. Did they know their situation? Did they know they weren’t going to make it out? What about the emergency responders when they were going up the stairs to try to save people. Did they know they would never come out?  It’s horrible to relive it in my mind. I remember praying and praying for the people of New York. I remember asking God to help them.  You see, it’s not God’s fault that this happened. Man chooses his own path and these men chose destruction.

What I do know for sure is that as our people were being attacked, God sent His angels to carry them to Him. I really do believe that. I believe the ones we lost are now in heaven and they are looking down at us. They are our angels…..

VISITORS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD READ THIS BLOG!