SHORT AND SIMPLE: HERE ARE 8 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO GET YOUR YEAR STARTED ON THE RIGHT PATH.
1) Make a short-term list of 4 things you would like to accomplish by June. They should be small and attainable. Do not set yourself up to fail.
2) Make a long-term list of 4 things you would like to accomplish by December. They should be believable to you. If you can't see it in your mind, it won't happen. As you work on your short-term goals, these long term goals should be ongoing in the background of your day.
3) Decide that every morning, before your feet hit the floor, that you are going to give God thanks for waking you up, for the good in the day to come and for anything that comes to mind. The goal is to start your day by being grateful. Get your mindset on a positive path and don't let anything interrupt that system.
4) Decide to take a break from certain foods. What are you over-indulging on? Chips, soda or dessert foods? Could it be breads, sugar, coffee or alcohol? You decide but give up what you know is bad for your health.
5) Decide that you will walk for 20 minutes a day 4 times a week. If you can't get outside, put on some music and dance for 20 minutes in your house. If you have a treadmill, then get on it!
6) Decide to forgive yourself for not being perfect. Realize that no matter what others expect of you, you will never live up to their expectations so forgive yourself and move on. Strive to be your best!
7) Decide to forgive others this year. Forgive those who have hurt you. We are all God's children and if He can love us, as messed-up as we are or can be, then we in turn also must forgive and love. I know this is a hard one but if you can clear your heart, you will free yourself of those thoughts that kill a part of you everyday. I'm not saying you have to surround yourself with the people who have hurt you, but simply, let the pain associated with them go........
8) Finally, enjoy life! Laugh more, smile more, give more, hug more, be more and in all you do, seek God first and all his righteousness, and ALLLLL these things shall be added unto you!