Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I wish every day was a happy day

I'm back! I went to New York and had a blast! I was interviewed (3 seconds) by Sam Champion from Good Morning America, and I met Ann Curry and was able to give her my book in person! I ate way too much pizza and walked so much that my feet still have not recouped! It was a great trip and I can't wait to go back. Then I got home.  All the worries, responsibilities, whirlwind of activities, chores, appointments, the kids, the husband and so on. I finally crashed today.  These last two weeks it seemed as if the world was against me.

Today I woke up knowing that I had to blog because I have been away too long. But how was I going to write when everything was wrong. I didn't feel happy and my hope in the future seemed bleak. I couldn't snap out of it and I really had to "dig deep" to find that speck of positivity that I have learned to love and live with. Now, I really do get it when people say, "dig deep!" Sometimes things happen, or someone does something to you that is out of your control, and they/it makes you react in a certain way. Or do they/it? I always say that we are responsible for our actions. I always say to respond not react. Boy, was I being tested!  My only alternative was to turn to the good word. (shorten verses-you can look them up)

Mathew 6:33 Seek first the kingdom of God and all His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Deuteronomy 7:12-15 Because you listen to these rules and keep them, God will love you, bless you and multiply you..

Mark 5:34 Daughter, your faith has made you well, go in peace - your suffering is over.

Dig deep! So this is what I wrote to myself:

God created me to be happy, healthy and victorious in everything! I was meant to have an amazing life. Everyday! What goes wrong then? I feel I leave His plan. I leave His word and I go off on my own. 

You see, I believe we were not meant to struggle. Of course we do at times but it is not natural. When we are struggling with something, we feel as if we are swimming against the river. That is not normal. If  life was supposed to be so bad, then what was the purpose of life? So let's get real - we all have struggled or suffered in some way. And I say, "so what!" What are you going to do about it? Every morning we have a choice to start the day with good thoughts or bad thoughts. There are only two. These past two weeks I have failed to fill myself with goodness. Trust me, I fought the negativity but it was rough.  I had more bad thoughts than good and it got the best of me. This afternoon, I was finally able to break through and change my thinking. I put on some good music, prayed, gave thanks over and over for my life and every single blessing from my car to the sandwich I ate. We have the power to change our situation if we would only learn to tap into the spirit of God, his goodness, his great way of thinking, his beauty and his love.

So to these last two weeks of poop, I say, "bon voyage, hasta la vista baby!" I'm back and I am thankful for everything I have. And, I'm thankful for my fingers that allow me to type this for you......

JUJU

VISITORS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD READ THIS BLOG!