Monday, December 6, 2010

Don't get caught up in the hussle of the season

I'm trying not to but I've had my tree since Nov 30th and it's still not decorated!

These last two weeks have been extremely busy for me. Probably the busiest I've had all year. What is it? Why do I feel so overwhelmed? I know. Because I want to make everything perfect for my family. I want my house to be nicely decorated. I want the Christmas tree to look fabulous. I basically want my house to smell, feel and look like Christmas and I am not cutting it. LOL! Do you feel what I am saying? The only thing I can do to relieve the anxiety is to let go.....

So here I am on a Monday morning. The kids are off to school and I have decided to take a moment, get a cup of wonderful Starbucks Christmas blend coffee and type. You see I am fully aware that Christmas is a season for giving. When Jesus died on the cross, He "gave" his life for us. He essentially is a gift. So...during this season I feel I too must give back.  10 years from now will it have mattered that my tree didn't look like the ones in the magazines? Will it matter that my shopping wasn't done on time? Will it matter that my house wasn't spotless? NO! What will matter today and in 10 years from now is how I helped to change a life during the Christmas 2010 season. What will matter is the smile on the face of the child who received my donated gift to the church, and the toy I put in the basket for the Toys for Tots drive, and the dollars I sent off to the Los Angeles Union Mission to help feed a homeless person a Christmas dinner. What will matter is that as I gave, my children watched and they too will have the spirit of giving to others. 

You see my friends, life is a gift. No one is promised a tomorrow. Today could very well be your last day here on earth. Make a difference in the lives of the people around you. Change your attitude, forgive, love, speak words of encouragement to people or give a smile to a stranger.  When you love everything around you and you are vibrating feelings of love and gratitude for all of God's blessings, you will see your life change.

When you truly remember that you too were given a gift and you FEEL the feelings of God's grace and mercy in your life, then and only then will you be able to experience the true meaning of Christmas.

Well enough said for today. I must get back to the tree. I will post a picture of it (when I get a quick second.) Feel free to comment. I love hearing from you.  Talk soon......

Juju

(P.S. Please share my blog site with your friends)

VISITORS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD READ THIS BLOG!